Terms of Service
This Files.Guru Service Agreement (the "Agreement") describes the terms and conditions on which Files.Guru ("we") offer services to you ("User"). By using our services, User agrees to be bound by the following terms and conditions:
- We reserve the right to change or modify the Terms or indeed any policy or guideline of the Service. Any changes or modifications will be effective immediately upon the posting of such revisions on our website located at http://www.files.guru (the "Site"); by your continued use of the Service following the posting of changes or subsequent modifications, you waive any right to receive specific notice of such changes or modifications and automatically grant acceptance of such changes. As a result, you should frequently review the Terms and applicable policies from to ensure that you fully understand the terms and conditions that apply to your use of the Service. If you do not agree with all of the terms and conditions of the amended Terms, you must stop using the Service immediately.
- The materials on Files.Guru 's web site are provided "as is". Files.Guru makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Files.Guru does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
- In no event shall Files.Guru or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Files.Guru 's Internet site, even if Files.Guru or a Files.Guru authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
- Files.Guru has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Files.Guru of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user's own risk.
Uploading of information (including files and content)
- Files.Guru does not assume any warranty or responsibility for the timeliness, completeness and correctness of any information uploaded by Users (including files and content).
- Files.Guru is not obliged to monitor the information transmitted or stored by it or to investigate it for facts or circumstances indicating illegal activities.
- Files.Guru obligations to remove or block the use of information pursuant to the general provisions of law remains unaffected by the foregoing.
- The information uploaded by Users (including data and content), which Files.Guru stores for those Users, is third-party information and Files.guru does not adopt such information as its own.
- Files.Guru does not assume any warranty or responsibility for the availability of external websites.
- Files.Guru shall, in particular, not be responsible for information which, as to Files.Guru , is third- party information where Files.Guru (i) has no knowledge of any illegal act or of the information, and in cases involving claims for compensatory damages, Files.Guru is unaware of facts or circumstances from which any such illegal act or information would be obvious, or (ii) Files.Guru has acted without delay to remove the information or to block access to it as soon as Files.Guru gained knowledge thereof. No third-party rights are created by the foregoing.
- By uploading information (including files and content) the User grants Files.Guru a simple right of use, free-of-charge and unlimited in geographical scope, to that information, including the right to duplicate it and make it available publicly on Files.Guru 's Platform for such time as the User has stored this information on Files.Guru 's Platform.
Unless otherwise agreed, the User shall have no claim for compensation in exchange for uploading information (including files and content). However, Files.Guru is entitled to grant benefits to Users in its free discretion for such uploading of information.
The User shall have no right to store information (including files and content) on Files.Guru 's website and/or to make such information publicly available where that information is incompatible with these TOS and/or applicable law.
In particular, all information (including files and content) shall be deemed incompatible with these TOS which:
• can adversely affect, damage or destroy software or hardware and, in particular which contains malicious code such as computer viruses;
• infringes on intellectual property rights, in particular patent, trade mark or copyrights;
• satisfies the elements of libel, slander or defamation;
• publishes personal data without the consent of the affected party or without legal permission;
• is racist, glorifies violence or war, trivialises violence or incites sedition;
• denies or trivialises acts committed under National Socialist rule;
• incites hatred against sections of the population or against a national, racial, religious or ethnic group, invites violent or capricious acts against such groups or attacks human dignity of other persons by insulting, maliciously ridiculing or defaming sections of the population or one of the above-referenced groups;
• offends human dignity, such as by displaying dying or severely physically or mentally ill persons;
• in particular containing depictions involving children or minors in inappropriate or displays sexual acts of humans with animals.
• is apt to constitute a grave risk to the development of children and minors or their upbringing as responsible members within the community, taking into account the particular influence of the medium of dissemination.
- Files.Guru is entitled, without prior notice and in its free discretion, to block User information (including content and files), in whole or in part, or to delete such information in whole or in part, where it is incompatible with these TOS and/or with applicable law.
In particular, Files.Guru is entitled without prior notice and in its free discretion to block or delete User information (including files and content) in whole or in part or to store information (including files and content) under another link than the one initially indicated in whole or in part
where third parties assert claims against Files.Guru , referring to a breach or an infringement of their rights, in particular infringements of intellectual property rights, demanding that Files.Guru cease storing and making such information available to the public, or
where public authorities or courts direct Files.Guru to cease storing and making publicly available such information, referring to an infringement of rights or violation of the law.
Rights to use information (including files and content)
- The Uploader grants Files.Guru the right to overlay advertising (the style and content of which Files.Guru may determine in its free discretion) on the Files.Guru Platform, in particular in connection with the downloading of information (including files and content) which the Uploader has uploaded to the Files.Guru Platform. Within the meaning of this section, 'Advertising', in particular, includes banners, links, buttons, videos and pop-ups.
The Uploader grants Files.Guru the right to create scaled-down images (thumbnails) of files containing images and videos to enable easier use of Files.Guru 's website and to integrate such thumbnails within a search function or otherwise into Files.Guru 's Platform.
The Uploader grants Files.Guru the right to make such changes to the information (including content and files) as are necessary due to technical processing and transmission, in particular to perform transmission of the information (including content and files) via various networks and to make technical modifications in order to comply with the technical requirements of linked networks or other technical facilities.
The Uploader warrants to Files.Guru that the Uploader holds all necessary rights with respect to the uploaded information (including content and files) and, in particular, that it holds the right to store, process, publish and/or transmit the information (including content and files), whether as the copyright holder or as the holder of a right of use, and that such rights are of the scope and extent required under these TOS. The Uploader further warrants that by uploading the information (including content and files), and in particular in the associated processes of storing, processing, publishing or transmitting the information (including content and files), no third-party rights and no laws which may be applicable have been breached or violated. In the event of a breach of the foregoing warranties by the Uploader, as between the Uploader and Files.Guru the Uploader shall indemnify and hold Files.Guru harmless against any and all liability to third parties.
- Any claim relating to Files.Guru 's web site shall be governed by the laws of country where it is registered without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.
• Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
• We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
• We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
• We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
• Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
• We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
• We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
Child Abuse and Underage content
- Files.Guru does not tolerate,endorse or allow child pornography and underage content of a sexual nature. Upon retrieval of such content, our support team will act quickly to remove such content and permanently block the account of the user who uploaded such content. Please note that accounts found guilty of uploading illegal and indecent imagery or other content will be faced with permanent bans, lack of access to the Site and Service as well as potential legal action from law enforcement agencies.
In these instances we will report such content to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children and Cybertipline at missingkids.com. We also reserve the right to cooperate with and take actions as advised by local and international law enforcement agencies, to assist them in identifying and prosecuting individuals who are involved in the transmission or dissemination of content containing or relating to child pornography.
If you wish to report any child pornography that has been posted to the Files.Guru servers, please send the file links to [email protected] for immediate investigation.